Welcome to our 11th Data Center Executive Roundtable, a quarterly feature showcasing the insights of thought leaders on the state of the data center industry, and where it is headed. In our Second Quarter 2018 roundtable, we examine four topics: The security of cloud platforms and service provider facilities versus on-premises data centers, the pace of innovation in data center delivery and supply chain management, the impact of the GDPR and data center privacy regulation, and how the rise of the Internet of Things and edge computing will impact data center infrastructure.
Here is the full question and answer session, organized by topic.
- Is The Cloud More Secure Than The Enterprise?
- Are We Nearing the Speed Limit on Data Center Delivery
- What Has the GDPR Meant for Data Centers?
- IoT and Latency Issues Will Guide Edge Deployments
Here are links to the individual Q&A summaries for each of our distinguished panel members:
- Randy Rowland, President of Data Center Services at Cyxtera.
- Dana Adams, Vice President and GM of Data Centers at Iron Mountain.
- Joel Stone, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at RagingWire Data Centers.
- Eric Ballard, Vice President, Network & Cloud at Stream Data Centers.
- Samir Shah, Chief of Staff at BASELAYER
The conversation is moderated by Data Center Frontier Founder and editor Rich Miller.