The Data Center Frontier Show podcast tells the story of the data center industry and its future. Our podcast is hosted by Rich Miller, editor of Data Center Frontier, who is your guide to the ongoing digital transformation.
DCF Podcast Episode 7: Data Center Cooling Trends
Host Rich Miller talks with cooling expert Kevin Facinelli, President, Data Center Cooling at Nortek Air Solutions about the challenges of keeping servers cool as data centers get larger and taller. Also: Will vacant office space house servers in the post-COVID economy?
Rich and Kevin discuss key trends in data center cooling, including:
- How to adapt cooling systems for hyperscale data center designs
- The challenges of cooling servers in warm climates like Singapore
- How Nortek’s StatePoint cooling solution addresses these challenges
- Trends in rack power density, and how to manage them.
- Will hotter, more powerful servers force a shift from air cooling to liquid cooling?
- The strategic challenges the COVID-19 pandemic poses for data centers.
- An opportunity in the work-from-home boom: Creating micro-data centers in vacant office space. Kevin discusses this trend, what he’s seeing, and what may lie ahead.
- Nortek Air Solutions
- White Paper: Solutions to Data Center Water & Power Availability
- An overview of Nortek’s StatePoint cooling system and its use in warm climates
- Decreasing Water & Power Will Help Data Centers Reach Sustainability Goals (Nortek Voices column on DCF)
- Amid COVID-19, Legionella Raises Key Questions for Data Centers (Nortek Voices column on DCF)
Connect with Kevin on LinkedIn:
Data Center Frontier’s in-depth coverage of some of the trends Rich and Kevin discussed:
Did you like this episode? Be sure to subscribe to the Data Center Frontier show so you get future episodes on your app. We are on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you find quality podcasts. We are now available on Stitcher and TuneIn. You can also subscribe using our RSS feed, and tell your friends and colleagues about our podcast!