One of the trends we've been following at Data Center Frontier is the impact of large global investors on the growth of the data center industry. This surge of investment has brought greater scale to data centers and has helped the industry expand its footprint around the world. One of the most prominent growth stories is NTT Global Data Centers, which has evolved into the world's third-largest data center operator and is in a building boom in major markets across the United States.
On this week’s Data Center Frontier Show, we chat with Steve Lim, the Senior VP of Marketing for NTT Global Data Centers, who has had a front row seat for the company's enormous growth, and shares his take on some of the trends and markets playing a role in NTT's data center journey (as well as his own). Here's our conversation:
Listen to today’s show:
Here’s a timeline of topics Steve and Rich discuss on the podcast:
- 1:45 – NTT's progress in the U.S., from RagingWire to GDCA.
- 5:15 – How a capital partner like NTT can bring new scale to an operating platform.
- 9:00 – Northern Virginia: Demand continues in a region facing land and power constraints.
- 14:00 – How data center sub-markets develop, including the role of availability zones.
- 16:25 – Why community relations matter for data center companies.
- 21:00 -- Base isolation: Seismic risk and NTT's growth strategy in Santa Clara.
- 26:20 -- Why Hillsboro is the new hotness in the hyperscale sector.
- 32:15 -- Steve shares his Data Center Journey.
Here's a link to the recent DCF video series profiling NTT Global Data Centers and its growth story.
- Tremendous Demand is Driving NTT's Expansion in Virginia: NTT Global Data Centers Americas (GDCA) is riding a wave of demand for digital services, “We’ve seen a tremendous uptick in our business,” said CEO Doug Adams, who discusses the company’s growth.
- Bigger Data Center Campuses, Everywhere: The Internet economy has been a global phenomenon, requiring digital infrastructure across the world. "The growth is everywhere,” said Bruno Berti, the Senior Vice President of Product at NTT Global Data Centers Americas.
- The Hypergrowth Journey of NTT Global Data Centers Americas: CEO Doug Adams shares about what he has learned about the business, his team and himself during the company’s rapid evolution.
Did you like this episode? Be sure to subscribe to the Data Center Frontier show so you get future episodes on your app. We are on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you find quality podcasts. You can also subscribe using our RSS feed, and tell your friends and colleagues about our podcast!
This episode of the Data Center Frontier Show is supported by NTT Global Data Centers Americas.